When speaking engagements arise, and our schedules allow us to, we enjoy traveling or conducting webinars to share about the Innovating Play mindset with educators. This page contains our most current listing of sessions and topics that we have to offer. We are also open to presenting on specific needs for educators, on reimagining learning through meaningful tech integration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in having us share at your school, district, or event.
Innovating Play Session Topics
Empowering Littles with Technology Integration
- Behind the Scenes of Google Apps Integration with Littles – Before you dive into your technology journey with your Littles there are some things for you to consider: creating login cards, labeling devices, thinking of procedures for workflow, and seating arrangements. In this session we will share tips and strategies, and literacy experiences that build connections to the login procedure.
- Intro Activities to Google Apps Integration for Littles – Littles can create and explore with technology, even if they are brand new to a device. You will have an opportunity to try out some intro activities in Google Apps that your students can use.
- Littles CAN Use Google Sheets – So many skills can be practiced while working in spreadsheets. You will be mind blown with how Littles CAN use spreadsheets. During this session, Google Sheets templates and ideas will be shared on how Littles can independently demonstrate their learning and collaborate. (Devices: computer/Chromebook)
- Oh the Things Littles Can Do with Google Slides – Google Slides is way more than a presentation tool. Come learn about all the different activities Littles can do while creating in Google Slides. (Devices: Computer/Chromebook)
Empowering Teachers with Technology Integration
- Discovering the Playground of Google Slides – Google Slides can play as a wonderful host for many learning experiences. Come check out how Google Slides can help with the organization of daily literacy experiences and Play Boards (for centers).
- Be a Master of Slides – Interested in designing and creating templates for your Littles to use in Google Slides? During this session we will edit the Master Slides so you can customize them to make them your own!
- Connected Play – Learning synthesizes for kids when they get to ENGAGE in activities that are CONNECTED to a main idea. Kids need time to EXPLORE open ended activities and materials so they activate prior knowledge and make discoveries. What better time to do that than at the very BEGINNING of the school day? In this session you will learn what Connected Play looks like and walk away with ideas for blended learning AND facilitation/workflow through the use of Google Slides.
- Reimagining Routines and Rituals with Young Learners – Daily learning connections and routines can become meaningful when they go beyond the walls of your own classroom. Come learn how a California Class and a New Jersey class share the weather, days of school, and who needs well wishes. Featured tools for this session include Flipgrid, Google Sheets, and Google Drawing.
- Ideas for Extending Reading – Extended reading builds on the concept of shared reading. It is a safe experience that allows children to connect the literacy skills and strategies that they are building within a real and meaningful text. This supports the bridge between the world of print and digital media so that children develop a rich perspective of literacy in their world. Come grab some ideas for CREATING these experiences for children! We will share how many of these experiences are set up in Google Slides.
- Creating a Digital Library with Class Books – In this session we will explore the idea of blending reading and writing instruction with student creation as we build a digital class library. Participants will learn how to use Google Slides, along with a variety of tech tools, in order to create and share class books in any learning model. We will investigate possibilities for bringing together hands-on reading and writing opportunities along with technology in order to create end products reflective of students as creators and contributors. We will also take time to consider the advantages of a digital class library as a way of including caregivers and family members in the process of learning. Together, we will discover how we can enhance literacy development by leveraging technology in order to create an accessible and incredibly special source of documentation that represents a community of learners.
- Reimagining Learning with Flipgrid – In this session we will explore strategies for developing a mindset that supports meaningful technology integration. We will focus on Flipgrid as one of the open-ended tools that can help you meet your students’ needs. We will look closely at the language of Flipgrid and practice using the tool together. Participants will have the opportunity to explore as a student, create as a teacher, and imagine possibilities through samples of classroom experiences.
- Reflecting on the SAMR Model for Tech Integration – In this session we will explore the SAMR model as it relates to meaningful application of practices in different learning frameworks. In addition to analyzing the stages of SAMR, we will consider checkpoints for reflection including ideas such as: lesson design for blended learning, development of facilitation questions, and transformation of learning through synthesis and connection. We will focus on creating a common language for articulation and communication to support professional growth in the area of educational technology.